About Dos Palmas Island Resort and Spa
Dos Palmas Island Resort (beachfront with Swimming Pool)
is a well-appointed resort located in Honda Bay Island, some 30 minutes travel by land and about 1 hour travel by boat from Puerto Princesa City Airport.
Dos Palmas Island Resort and Spa is a 20-hectare private island getaway is your ultimate island paradise, set amidst the pristine natural surroundings, white sandy beaches and clear turquoise blue waters. The island itself is blessed with a rich marine ecosystem with hectares of mangrove forest on the south, sea grass beds throughout and kilometers of beautiful coral reefs surrounding the island.
Now considered as home to more than 300 species of reef shes, corals, mollusks and crustaceans; at least 95 species of migratory and non-migratory birds; and a nesting site and feeding ground for three species of sea turtles.
Its villas overlook the Sulu Sea with majestic view of the sunset, with stretch of powdery white sand at your doorstep, perfect for honeymooners, families and friends.
The Four (4) Executive Villas can fit maximum of 5 Adults, 101.5sqm in size, are elegantly furnished with equipped with spacious living room, LCD TV with DVD player,intercom, in-room Safe, minibar, refrigerator, air-conditioning, Hot and Cold Shower, built-in Hair Dryer and a private terrace
The Seventy Six (76) Beach Villas can fit maximum of 4 Adults, 47sqm in size, are comprised of an amply spaced bedroom equipped with double and queen-sized beds, intercom, in-room Safe, minibar, refrigerator, air-conditioning, Hot and Cold Shower, built-in Hair Dryer and a private terrace
The eastern part of the island was designated as the Dos Palmas Eco Zone (DPEZ), where all the resort’s environmental programs and facilities are situated.
The resort has a comprehensive waste management facility, where we have set up our own sewage treatment plant to ensure that resort operations will not hurt the environment.
Treated water is used for watering the grounds and toilets; while sludge from the treatment plant is used as fertilizer for our organic vegetables, herb gardens, plant nurseries and greenhouse.
To guarantee a steady supply of freshwater, rain collection ponds and a desalination plant are maintained to reinforce the resort’s freshwater requirements.
These are just some of our initiatives to help promote ecological awareness, and to pave way for the peaceful co-existence of man and nature in the last frontier. A part of your resort package is always channeled back to the environment, so you, as our honored guests, can enjoy your stay in good conscience.
Getting at Dos Palmas: To ensure that your journey to Dos Palmas is hassle-free upon arrival at Puerto Princesa City Airport in the morning, board our air-conditioned vehicles for a 30-minute ride to the municipal wharf in Sta. Lourdes, northeast from the city proper.
From there, the resort’s private “banca” (native outrigger boat) awaits to ferry you across the breathtaking Honda Bay to Dos Palmas in less than an hour.
Regular Ferry Service: (subject to change withour prior notice)
- Wharf to Resort: 0830H | 1330H | 1600H
- Resort to Wharf: 0600H | 0900H | 1330H | 1615H
DOS PALMAS FACILITIES
Marine Sports Center
- Wireless Intenet - 24-hour WiFI is available only at the Kara-e-nan Restaurant. Internet connection is also provided in the Function Rooms for conference requirements.
- Cable TV - Cable TV is available at the bar. Pay-Per-View channels are subscribed for special shows.
- how Room - If you visit the Resort for a Day Tour, the showroom is available at 1430H daily. Once you arrive at the resort, approach the Front Office to join.
- Medical Services - The resort has a clinic, an in-house nurse available 24/7, and a doctor during peak dates and conventions. All resort staff have also undergone RST aid training.
- Security - The Resort maintains a 24-hour security on the island and its perimeter. Inform the Resort prior to your arrival if you have special security requirements.
- Assistance for the Disabled - The resort provides wheelchairs for the disabled. Prior arrangement should be done to secure other services for the disabled.